- Unsolicited hugs and kisses
- A constant barrage of “Look what I made for you…” art projects
- Reading bedtime stories
- Having stories read to me
- Being asked for advice
- Being asked “Can I help you, Mommy?”
- Wiping away tears
- Being the loudest cheerleader at the game
- Experiencing the joy of Christmas morning through the eyes of my children
- Breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day
and most of all, being called “Mom.”
When I was pregnant, I thought I knew how hard being a mother was going to be. But it has been a thousand times harder. I also thought I knew how much joy being a mother would bring me. But it has brought me AT LEAST a thousand times more joy – and for that I am the most grateful.
Happy Mother’s Day to one and all.